just watched greystillplay's letsplay on this! would /love/ a mecbook version if you ever got around to it. thank you so much either way!
A downloadable game
You are a single parent.
You live in a Motel.
You have two kids.
You have three part time jobs.
You are worth nothing, right?
In The Circle you have to manage the life of a single parent for one week. Gain enough money to pay rent, food and still find some time for your kids between your jobs.
- You get evicted for not paying rent.
- You don't take care of yourself.
- Your kids are taken from you as a consequence of neglect.
- Can you win in a life like that? I guess winning means not losing... Not like anyone would care anyways.
Download the .exe file. Double click it to start the game.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Try WINE... https://www.winehq.org/
It's a little complex to install on macOS if you haven't done it before but there are some instructions online.
Here's a quick overview that should help you figure out what to do:
- Install Homebrew (https://brew.sh/).
- Run the command: brew install wine
- In the terminal, type "wine " (including the space), drag and drop the .exe file into the terminal from Finder, then back in the terminal, press Enter.
- The game should start up. If you see "The Wine configuration in whatever is being updated...", just wait a few minutes. (Don't be alarmed if you can't drag the window, that's normal)
Unfortunately since the game is designed for Windows, there are a few quirks, namely:
- The black bars at the top and bottom (depending on your screen width) are white
- Weird scaling issues (pixels...)
- Use Command+Tab to navigate between the game and other apps
But, it works quite well. Lemme know if you need any help
Edit: The hunger and happiness bars aren't visible... Well that's a pretty stupid bug...
Thank you for pointing out there was a video! We just watched it ^_^
no prob!! thanks for making such an amazing game!